Apple has made the first update to OS X Lion available for download via Software Update. 10.7.1 marks the first release for OS X Lion which was released last month, notably the update is also delivered in delta form making the download significantly smaller than previous OS updates.
Apple delivers the following statement with OS X 10.7.1:
The 10.7.1 update is recommended for all users running OS X Lion and includes general operating system fixes that enhance the stability and compatibility of your Mac, including fixes that:
- Address an issue that may cause the system to become unresponsive when playing a video in Safari
- Resolve an issue that may cause system audio to stop working when using HDMI or optical audio out
- Improve the reliability of Wi-Fi connections
- Resolve an issue that prevents transfer of your data, settings, and compatible applications to a new Mac running OS X Lion
For detailed information on this update, please visit this website: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4764.
Apple offered different versions of 10.7.1 to users of its latest Macs, giving particular attention to some problems that have been causing issues on Apple’s newest MacBook Air and Mac mini products:
- Resolve an issue where MacBook Air may boot up when MagSafe Adapter is attached
- Resolve an issue causing intermittent display flickering on MacBook Air
- Resolve an issue that causes the SD card slot in Mac mini to run at reduced speed with SD and SDHC media