Apple Reports Q413 Revenue of $37.5 Billion, Profit $7.5bn
- October 28th, 2013
- Apple Financials
- Alex Brooks
Apple today announced financial results for its fourth fiscal quarter of 2013 which ran from July 1, 2013 until September 30. Apple posted revenue of $37.5 billion and net quarterly profit of $7.5 billion, or $8.26 per diluted share. These results compare to revenue of $36 billion and net profit of $8.2 billion, or $8.67 per diluted share, in the year-ago quarter.
Gross margin was 37 percent compared to 40 percent in the year-ago quarter. International sales accounted for 60 percent of the quarter’s revenue.
Apple reported the following number of shipments for its products during the quarter:
- 33.8 million iPhones compared to 26.9 million in the year-ago-quarter
- 14.1 million iPads compared to 14 million in the year-ago-quarter
- 5.6 million Macs compared to 4.9 million in the year-ago quarter
- 3.5 million iPods compared to 5.3 million in the year-ago quarter.
“We’re pleased to report a strong finish to an amazing year with record fourth quarter revenue, including sales of almost 34 million iPhones,” said Tim Cook, Apple’s CEO. “We’re excited to go into the holidays with our new iPhone 5c and iPhone 5s, iOS 7, the new iPad mini with Retina Display and the incredibly thin and light iPad Air, new MacBook Pros, the radical new Mac Pro, OS X Mavericks and the next generation iWork and iLife apps for OS X and iOS.”
“We generated $9.9 billion in cash flow from operations and returned an additional $7.8 billion in cash to shareholders through dividends and share repurchases during the September quarter, bringing cumulative payments under our capital return program to $36 billion,” said Peter Oppenheimer, Apple’s CFO.
Apple provided the following guidance for its fiscal 2014 first quarter:
- revenue between $55 billion and $58 billion
- gross margin between 36.5 percent and 37.5 percent
- operating expenses between $4.4 billion and $4.5 billion
- other income/(expense) of $200 million
- tax rate of 26.25%