Purported MacBook Pro Specs Leak
Following on from intense speculation on when the MacBook Pro will see a refresh we are now presented with a selection of rumoured specifications. French site MacGeneration has published specs which are purported to belong to the new MacBook Pros:
- no more white MacBook (Apple goes back to two lines of 13″ inchers)
- 16 GB SSD mSATA drives on all models to store the system
- Core i3 and third USB port on the 13″ model
- Matte screen option on the higher-end 13″
- Option to replace the SuperDrive with a SSD on the 15 and 17″ models
- HD screens on all models : 1440×900 on the 13″, 1680×1050 on the 15″
- 200 to 300 grams lighter : 1.8 kg for the 13″, 2.3 kg for the 15″, 2.65 kg for the 17″
- Better battery life : 12 hours on the 13″, 10 hours on the 15″
- 8 GB of RAM on the 17″
The MacBook Pro update is widely rumoured to arrive this coming Thursday and will reportedly coincide with Intel announcing its new Light Peak data transfer technology. MacGeneration quotes another source who says that the new MacBook Pros will include a “new technology” which could possibly refer to the inclusion of Light Peak.
Previous rumours around the MacBook Pros from this week have looked at larger glass trackpads, some models weighing up to half a pound less and the reduction in number of models from six to five.